Tuesday, April 29, 2014

H Is For Habit

Looks like I'm just going to make this '3-months-behind-on-my-blog' thing a habit. I've learned to accept the fact that life just gets too busy, and well, honestly, I just get too lazy!  

Once we made it through January (the worst month EVER) I thought we were in the clear, and that the rest of winter would be a breeze!  Ha. Hahaha... Ha.  Sadly, I was mistaken, and February turned out to be worse than January!  Ava got hit with RSV, the first "real" sickness she's ever had. Then she so kindly gave the virus to me, which turned into a horrifically miserable sinus infection.  Needless to say, we quarantined ourselves to our home for a good 2 weeks, which was literally half of February. 

Symptoms of RSV started to show in my little sweetie on Valentine's Day.  I thought it was just a cold coming on, so we went about our plans for that day which included lunch with Daddy at eBay, and a dinner date for Jace and I that night.
One of our most favorite places!  We were very much overdue for an evening out ALONE.  As much as we LOVE our little Ava,  it's amazing what some one on one time can do for your relationship! 

And thanks to Jace's parents who watched Ava for us so we could enjoy our Valentine's date!

The very next morning, RSV had begun to take it's toll.  Most of you know that Ava never stops. Like ever.  So when this happens, you know she absolutely does not feel well.
After about 4 days had passed, and she wasn't getting better, I knew there had to be more to it and we went to the doctor, who gave her the RSV diagnosis.
Waiting for the doctor.  Sad little sickie :(
RSV typically lasts about 2 weeks, and for Ava it was almost exactly two weeks to the day when her little smile finally came back :)

MARCH
March was much better to us than the previous two months.  We were actually able to leave the house!  
Little Miss Sass in her pink sparkly boots from Sadie :)
Lunch date with Grandma, Tessa and Cooper at Pizza Pie Cafe.
Selfie with Mom and smoothies from Costco.
Saturday morning play date with Sadie :)
Mom's birthday celebration.
What is it about the fridge?  Every time we open it, she comes running and insists on sitting right there.  Crazy girl.
She's a little Diva too.

Ava and I did the Mom & Tot spring swim class this year.  Last summer when we did it, she was 8 months old, and not fully aware of her surroundings.  This time around however, she was VERY aware, and although I thought she'd be nervous, she did really well, and we had a lot of fun!  She loves the water! 
St. Patrick's Day
And first time PigTails :)

On March 19th, we welcomed a precious new niece to the family.  Tessa had her baby girl, Allie Jane.  Ava loves her and whenever we are all together, she is constantly pointing at her saying, "Bay-Beee" and giving her little kisses on her head.  It really is so sweet!
When I hold her, my heart aches for the newborn stage again!  But then my brain reminds me that the newborn stage doesn't last but a minute, and that pretty soon they are climbing on things and throwing tantrums and talking back to you, and so yeah, I have no desire to do that again anytime soon.

Here's proof...
And, that's a wrap!

0 comments: