Friday, October 09, 2009

A New Found Love :)

I've picked up the WONDERFUL hobby of cooking, and here's why...

With an oven that actually bakes, a huge pantry and yes, a DISHWASHER, my new found love is this kitchen!! I never really picked up cooking much when Jace and I were first married... The horrible kitchen and awful appliances we had in our old place, kept me from trying new things and getting creative. Since we've moved into our new updated home, I can't stay out of the kitchen! I surprised not only my husband, but MYSELF! It's crazy how much I enjoy cooking and baking, and not to brag, but I'm kinda good at it too... Much to my amazement! :) Now that we're well into October with Halloween around the corner, I decided to try something I've never done before... something to add to the fall festivites... Jace's favorite,
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies :)

Jace hasn't tried them yet, but I have, and I think they'll pass :)

4 comments:

Parkside View said...

That's exactly been my experience. I always thought I was a horrible cook. I was working with old ovens with broken stovetop burners. Finally I got a nice, brand new oven and range and, surprize! I was really good at cooking when I had an oven that held its heat and burners that wouldn't short out on me. Then we moved, and I'm back to being a crappy cook because I have a crappy oven. (Sorry, I usually don't use the word crappy!) Consequently, I don't like cooking that much because it has become a hassle and the results are only sub-par. Oh, well.

Your kichen looks great (and so do your pumpkin cookies)!

Heather said...

mmmm..when we get to come over for dinner?

Scott and Manda said...

CUTE kitchen!! Maybe I'll have one of those someday... :)
Soo happy for you guys!

Heather Baker said...

Your kitchen is beautiful- I see why you like to be in it so much!! I'll have to get the recipe from you for those cookies, they look yummy!!