Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moving On...

Today was a bitter sweet day.

Today I walked out of the doors of this place,
for the last time.
After 8 and a half years of working there.

8 and a half years of long, draining, fun, silly, hard, exhausting, rewarding, drama filled days.  My career as a dental and surgical assistant in the pediatric field of dentistry, has ended.  It's all I've done for almost an entire decade and my heart hangs a bit heavy.  

Mostly because I'm going to miss working with this great man...
For 8 and a half years, Dr. Trace Lund, has been an incredible boss.  And such a joy to work with!  He is one crazy character, this guy... (you kind of have to be a little nuts to work in pediatrics altogether) and I have very much enjoyed my time spent working alongside his magnificent expertise.  I was his right-hand WOman if you will... like two peas in a pod :)  

Many great friendships were formed in that office as well, some that will last a lifetime.
And for that I am indeed grateful.

But it's time for me to move on to my new job... 

That of being a mother.  

I am beyond excited to take on that new roll and responsibility, and will forever be grateful for the patience that I learned from working at PPD, which I know will greatly benefit me as I take on motherhood.

To celebrate my last day, Dr. Lund treated us all to lunch at The Pizza Factory... (there are a few co-workers missing)
After which, I worked my last 4 hours as a dental assistant.

At least for now... 
I may or may not go back to dental assisting later in life.  We will cross that bridge when we get there.  But for now, that chapter in my life has been closed :)  

Like I said, it's bitter sweet.  

Bitter in the fact that I will miss the staff, the children, the fulfillment of the job... 

But sweet in the most obvious reason, 
I'm gonna be a Momma :) 

So... I guess this is goodbye.
Peace out PPD.
Thanks for the good times...

1 comments:

Mandie said...

this makes me miss all of you guys. ppd is a special place with GREAT doctors. Noell, i am excited for you new adventure in life!