Wednesday, January 02, 2013

A Blessing

Last Sunday, December 30th, was our sweet Ava's blessing day.  We chose that Sunday for a few reasons:
1. Being the holidays, Jace's Grandparents living out of state were able to easily travel to Utah for the weekend.
2. I wanted to wait until Ava was at least 2 months old... I'm a germ freak and you may agree to disagree, but church in my opinion is the worst germ infested place you could ever take a newborn!
And
3. It was the last Sunday that our ward would meet at 2:30 pm. The new year will find us starting at 8:30 am and I was not about to try and conquer that. WAAAYY too early :)

This sweet angel of mine, has never looked more beautiful! I was a very proud, emotional momma that day to say the least.  And thanks to her Grandma Julene Helean, she had the prettiest custom made dress! It was a wonderful day :)

Despite her crying through her whole blessing, her daddy kept his composure and gave her the sweetest, most tender, most heart felt blessing.  The spirit was so strong and he was indeed inspired by it. I love this man with all of my heart! We are two lucky girls :)
After the meeting, we gathered for food at Jace's parents house and enjoyed the rest of the day with family... and loved and loved and loved on our sweet Ava of course!
I am so grateful for my little family, and so grateful to the good Lord for allowing me to call them mine.  We have been so richly blessed this year!

3 comments:

Scott and Manda said...

I love the blessing day! And she looks gorgeous. You guys look so blissfully happy, I love it!

Heather Child said...

It was a beautiful day. We are so grateful to be a part of it. It makes me so happy to see you so happy!

Parkside View said...

There's something to be said about having a custom made dress. It was perfectly tailored to her and she looked as lovely as ever...(as did you, Noell). Congratulations!