Monday, January 28, 2013

Month Three

These monthly updates on our little lady are really more for me than any of you readers out there.  I know I'm going to look back at these posts when she's older, and be SO grateful I wrote the highlights down!  And if it at all interests you, by all means, read away!  If not, I promise I won't be offended :)

Ava at 3 months:

*We're not quite sure on the little miss' current stats, we don't go back to her pediatrician until next month, but if I were to take a guess, I'd say she weighs somewhere between 10 and 12 pounds and is probably an inch or two taller.  She is getting pretty chunky! But at the same time, is still pretty petite :)

*She has officially outgrown all of her newborn clothes! We broke out the 0-3 month outfits and she'll wear a few solid 3 month ones as well. Some are still a little too big, but she's filling them out more and more each day.  Thank goodness for Carter's, that's all I have to say!  Their 3 month leggings are the perfect combination of long and skinny to accommodate her long lean legs and skinny waist... and they come in so many different colors, making matching with outfits a breeze :)

*We've established an AWESOME, pretty consistent routine.  EAT, PLAY, SLEEP, REPEAT.  She is THRIVING off of this routine, and it makes for a pretty happy momma as well!  She typically eats 4-5oz every 3.5-4 hours (more along the lines of the 4 hour mark).  We'll then play for a bit, usually about 1-1.5 hours, at which point she will then go down for a nap.  Her favorite napping spot these days is on our bed.  Getting her to nap in her crib is next to impossible, so whatever works, is what we do!  She's been taking one long nap a day which is typically in the morning (2-3.5 hours long), a shorter nap in the afternoon (1-1.5 hours long) and another 'semi' long nap in the early evening (about 2-2.5 hours long).  Around 8-8:30 she gets a bath (which she LOVES), some nice warm jammies, and a bottle.  I then put her down IN HER CRIB around 9pm and she will sleep until 9am.  Yes, you heard me, 9pm-9am.  12 hours a night!  Could she be any more perfect?? Granted, not every night is that perfect, but more often than not, that's the norm :)
*She is still OBSESSED with sucking on her hands and fingers and has figured out how to maneuver them around quite well.
*Though she hasn't quite started reaching or grabbing for toys, the interest is there and I can tell that her little brain is just trying to figure out how to catch the ones dangling from her play gym.  She LOVES anything that has music and flashing lights, and lately has been thoroughly enjoying her Baby Einstein DVD's.  She also loves when we read books.  The bright pictures and colors are so captivating to her and she will sit with me for quite awhile, reading books!  It is probably my favorite thing in the world :)

*She likes when I sing to her.  It will almost always put her to sleep.  "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is her favorite... She doesn't even seem to mind when I forget the words or go off key :)

*She is such a happy baby!  She loves to smile, coo, and blow spit bubbles.  She loves to play "Pat a Cake" and even laughed at me the other day while playing.  I almost died, it was the sweetest little laugh I've ever heard!  Of course she hasn't done it again since then, little stink. But soon, I'm sure that laughter will fill our house... She discovers her voice more and more each day and new little sounds arise.  

*She HATES having a dirty diaper (such a girly girl) and her changing pad has been renamed her "Happy Pad" (compliments of her daddy).  Every time we lay her on it, she kicks her legs in pure excitement and starts jibber jabbering.  She absolutely knows that's where her bum gets cleaned and she couldn't be more thrilled about it!  

*Her eyes have taken their color and are the prettiest of all blues I've ever seen!  I honestly never thought I'd have a blue eyed baby.  We will thank her Daddy and Grandpa Park for that :)
*Lately she's been LOVING tummy time.  A feat that didn't come easy!  Something just clicked inside of her and sometimes laying her on her tummy is the only way to calm her down!  She's even fallen asleep on her belly a few times for naps.  

I think it's pretty safe to say that we're obsessed with her.  I never thought that motherhood would be this much fun!  I find myself anxiously waiting for her to wake up in the mornings so we can giggle and play.  I love spending my days with her and never in all my life have I felt so complete.

She's just so dreamy :)

0 comments: