Saturday, April 30, 2011

So Cal

I thought I should post our pictures from our recent trip to Southern California. Mostly for my wonderful parents who haven't been converted to the amazing-ness that is Facebook :) 

The reason for our trip was for the So Cal Ragnar that Jace was running with his best buddy, Dave. I opted out this year for the race, just wasn't feeling it... (who am I kidding? I don't run. EVER.) but I insisted that I still tag along for the fun. Who would pass up an opportunity to go play in the sun in California? 
Not me!

We had to hit up Ruby's on the pier... it's just a MUST.

I had mentioned to Jace that I had never been to Hollywood. So we went. 
Looking out over downtown L.A.

For those of you who know me well, know that I love the Kardashians. I actually made Jace drive me 45 minutes out of our way into the city of Calabasas, just so I could see the Kardashian's DASH store. I will never in my life be able to afford any of the clothes in that store, but I had to see it anyway! (And I have to mention that my sweetheart didn't even put up a fight at my request to go... he is so good to me!)

Now to the reason of the trip...
RAGNAR
Getting ready for his first leg. Which by the way, was 7 miles at 1 p.m in 90 degrees. He was just thrilled!
The exchange.

A little down time

Jace's 2nd leg was at 2 a.m.  I wasn't there for that one... I like my sleep too much!

The next morning...
With our friends... David and Melissa. At Torrey Pines Gliderport.
SO PRETTY!
And he's off for #3!
Getting a little high five action from friend and teammate, Clint.
Almost done!
I love this picture. All 3 of his legs totaled 25 miles, and his face says it all! He was one tired boy.

A little more down time before the finish line...
The whole team

We celebrated the finished race with cousin Joey at Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles. Absolutely DELICIOUS! 
Two exhausted runners and one darling baby :) We finished the trip off with baby Lincoln's blessing on Sunday morning.

We then started the trek back home where we were received by 40 degree temps and pouring rain. Oh the joys of living in Utah. It IS almost May right? Or am I mistaken?

1 comments:

Parkside View said...

Who says you need a golden ticket to go to Hollywood? And it seems to have worked out quite fairly--you go watch Jace run a RAGNAR race, and he takes you to Dash.

What a perfect time of year to go catch some sun rays and take in a few sights!

(And to your parents: I prefer the personal nature of blogs to Facebook any day.)