Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Had A Dream


Back in January, before I had even become pregnant, I had a dream.
In my dream, I was in the hospital having just given birth to a perfect, sweet angel.  A baby girl.  As I sat there holding her, I was overcome with love and emotion as I recalled the details of her face, her hands, her feet.  She was beautiful.  She even had a name. 

4 months later, I was laying on an ultrasound bed in the Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic at UVRMC, anxiously looking at the screen to see either "boy parts" or "girl parts".  Knowing in the back of my mind that it was a girl... it HAD to be.  I dreamt of her!  

Finally, after much patience waiting for the umbilical cord to move out of the way, and waiting for baby's hand to stop covering it up, we saw those three cute white blobs that indicate a GIRL!

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  
I knew it.  
My dream was becoming reality.


I look at her darling little face in the ultrasound picture and I am brought to tears.  Knowing the gender, makes it so much more real!  

Words cannot describe the LOVE I already feel for this sweet baby girl :)

1 comments:

Holly said...

Cute blog! And I am soooooo excited for you guys to have a little girl!